Thursday, January 17, 2008

yummy soup

Last night I tried a new crockpot soup from the southern living magazine called BAKED POTATO SOUP. It was sooo yummy I wanted to share it with all of you

6 large russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2inch cubes about 3 3/4 pounds
1large onion chopped (i only used half)
3 (14oz) cans chicken broth with roasted garlic
1/4c butter
2 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 c whipping cream or half and half
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream (optional)
4 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
shredded cheddar cheese for the top

1.combine first 6 ingredients in a slow cooker
2. cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 until potato is tender
3.mash mixture until potatoes are coarsley chopped and soup is slightly thickened; stir in cream and cheese. Top with sour cream , cheese and bacon.

ENJOY

6 comments:

Becca said...

sounds yummy! I will have to try it out.

The A Team said...

If YOU say it is good, know it is great. I still make your banana bars and earthquake cake often. They have both been a big hit out here in CA! Southern Living is my fave for recipes too!

wildthayn said...

That looks like the ultimate comfort food!! YUM!!! You do always have the best recipes!! I hope you continue to post your favorites.

One Crazy Adventure said...

Found you through The A Team...

Sounds wonderful... I always love a good soup... perfect for the weather here.

Becca said...

I made this last night and we loved it. The kids complained but they complain about everything.

Karilynn said...

Ummm... so I want the banana bar and earthquake cake recipes too! I'm going to try this... was wondering if it will fit in a small crock pot or if I should half or 2/3 the recipe!